The parish church dates from the 14th century, and contains numerous monuments to the Cave family, who were leading Jacobite supporters in the 18th century. The organ came from Whitehall Palace by way of Magdalen College at Oxford.
Stanford Hall is situated across the river, and over the border in Leicestershire. It was built for Sir Roger Cave in the William and Mary style in the 1690s, and contains Stuart portraits. There is a motorcycle museum and a pretty walled garden.
In the grounds is a memorial to Percy Pilcher, the pioneer aviator, who was killed in an accident here in 1899.