St. Andrew's Church dates from the 14th century, and has acoustic jars, an early form of amplification, in the chancel. There are traces of wall paintings.
The Bede House was once a palace of the Bishops of Lincoln. Part of the building dating from the 15th century was converted by Thomas Cecil, Earl of Exeter, to almshouses in 1602, and is now in the care of English Heritage.
A turret which stretches out across the pavement is known as the Bishop's Eye.
On the Village Green is the stump of a 15th century market cross.