It is an amalgamation of three villages, namely Broughton Astley, Primethorpe and Sutton-in-the-Elms.
St. Mary's Church stands prettily beside a brook. It dates mostly from the 14th century, but the chancel is 13th century.
Outside the church, George Fox, founder of the Society of Friends (Quakers) held his first great outdoor meeting in 1647. He was a Leicestershire man, from Fenny Drayton.
The Baptist Chapel at Sutton-in-the-Elms was built in 1815, on a site which had been used by the Baptists since 1650.
Blue Badge Guide Colin Crosby is available to lead Guided Walks around Broughton Astley for groups.