Much of the surrounding countryside is archetypal hunting country, where the Fernie Hunt had many meets.
St. John the Baptist Church, in its attractive churchyard, dates in part from the 13th century.
The Old Grammar School dates from 1650, on the site of an even earlier building, whose scholars included George Fox and George Villiers, later to become Duke of Buckingham.
Billesdon Coplow is a prominent hill a mile to the North, which can be seen from half the county.
Blue Badge Guide Colin Crosby is available to lead Guided Walks around Billesdon for groups.