Colin Crosby Heritage Tours

Old Grammar School (Billesdon)

The Old Grammar School is one of the interesting buildings in the Leicestershire village of Billesdon.

It stands up against the churchyard wall of St. John the Baptist Church.

Built in 1650 of the local ironstone, it is a single storey building and has a sundial on each of the four walls.

It is on the site of an earlier school building, whose scholars included George Fox and George Villiers, later to become the notorious Duke of Buckingham.

Bookmark this page

Bookmark this page with

What is

Places in Billesdon...

Events in Billesdon...