Blackfriars Station (London)
Blackfriars Station is a railway terminus in the City of London.
The main entrance is in Queen Victoria Street.
The original station was opened in 1886 by J. Wolfe Barry, H. M. Brunel and Mills. This was demolished and a new station, designed by Richard Seifert, opened in 1977.
It is named after the Blackfriars, a Dominican monastery which dominated this area from the 13th to 16th centuries.
Trains from Blackfriars serve the suburbs of South East London and Kent.
The next station to the North is City Thameslink Station.
Blackfriars Underground Station is on the Circle Line and District Line.