St. Peter Port
The narrow cobbled streets contain a heady cocktail of elegance and exuberance.
Ships arrive at St. Peter Port from Poole.
The town church, dedicated to St. Peter,stands at the harbour`s edge. It is a fine church built of granite.
Dominating the harbour is 13th century Castle Cornet.
Hauteville House was the home of Victor Hugo in his exile from 1856 to 1870.
The earliest surviving pillar box in the British Isles is in Union Street. It dates from the 1850s and is made of cast iron.