All Saints Church dates in part to the 13th century, with a Decorated West tower and parapet spire. Much of the church was built from the local granite, and there was a partial restoration by J. B. Everard in 1882.
There is a small mud-walled cottage on a road junction on the edge of the village.
A mediaeval moated site lies close to the church.
Blue Badge Guide Colin Crosby is available to lead Guided Walks around Dunton Bassett for groups.