It is one of a group of villages known as The Langtons. The others are East Langton, Thorpe Langton, Tur Langton and West Langton.
St. Peter`s Church has a lofty West tower and dates from the 13th century. A crude naked figure in the vestry passage is thought to represent the god Thor, and is certainly pre-Norman.
The Rector, William Hanbury, organised the first parish church performance of Handel`s Messiah in 1759, as part of his plans for an enormous collegiate foundation in the village.
Blue Badge Guide Colin Crosby is available to lead Guided Walks around Church Langton for groups.