Chapter House (London)
It is situated beside the East Cloisters of Westminster Abbey.
The Chapter House was built around 1250 by the Royal masons, and faithfully restored in the 19th century.
Its shape is octagonal, and it has a central column. It contains some of the finest mediaeval sculpture still in existence, as well as some spectacular wall paintingsand the orginal glazed floor tiles.
During the 14th century, the Chapter House was used as a meeting place for the abbey`s Bendictine monks, and for Members of Parliament.
It is now in the care of English Heritage.