St. Marys Church Humberstone (Leicester)
St. Marys is the parish church of Humberstone, the Leicester suburb which was formerly a village in its own right.
It stands well back from Main Street in the old village centre, with a splendid avenue of yews leading to the South door.
The West tower is mediaeval, in the Decorated style, and is surmounted by a spire. The chancel too is mediaeval. There is a 15th century monument to Sir Richard Hotoft.
The rest of the church was rebuilt in 1858 by Raphael Brandon.
In a corner of the churchyard is a remaining cob wall.