Colin Crosby Heritage Tours

St. Cyriac`s Church (Lacock)

St. Cyriac`s Church is the parish church of the very pretty village of Lacock in Wiltshire.

It is attractively made of the local stone, as is most of the village, the greater part of which is owned by the Ntional Trust.

There is a fine Lady Chapel on the North side of the chancel. This contains the tomb of Sir William Sharington, who purchased Lacock Abbey at the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1539.

There is a fine Perpendicular roof.

The chancel was remodelled in 1902, in memory of William Henry Fox Talbot, the pioneer of photography.

On the outside of the church are a collection of grotesque carvings, including a man smoking a pipe.

Bookmark this page

Bookmark this page with

What is

Places in Lacock...