The main street has a pleasing mixture of houses built of brick, stone and timber.
The church has been much rebuilt, but retains its 14th century nave. The organ was originally given by George III to Salisbury Cathedral.
The Town Hall was built in 1832 in a Jacobean style.
The Grammar School, which numbers Dr. Thomas Arnold of Rugby School among its former pupils, dates from 1707. It was founded by Lord Weymouth, and has a portal by Christopher Wren.
Warminster became famous in the 1970s for its large volume of UFO sightings.