There are delightful streets of mellow buildings, many in the local ironstone.
St. Mary`s Church was built in 1787 by Francis Hiorne, replacing a mediaeval church, while the tower and spire were added in the 19th century. It is surrounded by a covered ambulatory.
The Chipping is the old Market Place, approached from the valley by well worn steps..
The Market Hall, with open ground floor, is Elizabethan.