Stansted Mountfitchet, often called just Stansted, is a village in Essex on the River Stort, 3 miles from Bishops Stortford.
St. Mary the Virgin Church has a Norman chancel arch, and the brick tower is 17th century.
On the site of the Norman castle, destroyed by King John in 1215, a reconstructed one has been built, as a tourist and educational resource. Alongside the castle is a reconstructed village.
There is a large toy museum, which features animated displays.
A brick tower mill, built in 1787, has been restored.
Stansted Airport is one of the busiest in the country. Originally an airfield used by the American Airforce, its enormous passenger terminal, designed by Norman Foster, opened in 1991.
Blue Badge Guide Colin Crosby is available to lead Guided Walks around Stansted Mountfitchet for groups.