The little River Slea divides into two channels in the town, and parts have been converted into the Slea Navigation.
St. Denys` Church, beside the Market Place, dates back to the 12th century and has excellent flowing tracery. The spire rises to 144 feet.
The pretty timber framed Vicarage is dated 1568.
The Carre Hospital, founded in 1636 by Sir Robert Carre, is a fine group of stone almshouses.
The earthworks of 12th century Sleaford Castle survive on the edge of town.
The enormous Bass Maltings were built in 1905.
The Hub is an excellent centre for art and design.
A sail-less windmill houses tea rooms.
The impressive Handley Memorial in one of the main streets commemorates a local M. P.
The comedienne Jennifer Saunders was born in Sleaford.
Blue Badge Guide Colin Crosby is available to lead Guided Walks around Sleaford for groups.