The walled grounds of Rushton Hall cover a large area. The hall itself was formerly occupied by the Royal National Institution for the Blind, but is now a hotel.
Within the grounds is the astonishing Rushton Triangular Lodge, now in the care of English Heritage. It was built by Thomas Tresham in 1594 to 1597, as a statement of the Catholic faith to which he had converted.
Tresham was fascinated by the Holy Trinity, and everything about this amazing building - sides, floors, windows etc - comes in threes.
Other Tresham structures in the area are at Rothwell and Lyveden.