The correct pronunciation is "Lemmington".
It was a small village until the 1780s, when its medicinal waters were dioscovered. A visit by Queen Victoria in 1838 led to it becoming a fashionable resort.
In the town centre is the elegant Pump Room, accompanied by Jephson Gardens and Pump Room Gardens.
The impressive All Saints Church is Victorian, and has a 145 foot tower.
The Regent Hotel was opened in 1819, and was at the time the largest in England. Much of the architecture in the town is elegantly Regency or Victorian.
The Art Gallery and Museum has exhibits relating to Leamington`s history.
Lawn tennis was first played at Leamington Spa in the 1870s.
The boxer Randolph Turpin was born here.
Blue Badge Guide Colin Crosby is available to lead Guided Walks around Leamington Spa for groups.