Kelvedon is a village in Essex, 4 miles from Witham.
There was a Roman settlement here named Canonium.
St. Mary's Church has arcading dating back to the 13th century, as well as a 14th century tower.
The High Street contains several antiques shops, and houses ranging from weatherboarding to Georgian brick.
There is a museum covering the history of Kelvedon and Feering.
Kelvedon is probably best known as the birthplace of the preacher Charles Spurgeon in 1834. The Tabernacle, his church in London, was opened in 1861, and his printed sermons were best sellers.
Blue Badge Guide Colin Crosby is available to lead Guided Walks around Kelvedon for groups.