Old Bexley, on the little River Cray, retains its village atmosphere.
Hall Place is a large house, part flint and part brick, that is now used as a museum. The earliest part was built by Sir John Champneys, Lord Mayor of London, in about 1540. It has fine gardens and topiary, and stands in extensive parkland.
The former Prime Minister Edward Heath was Member of Parliament here for over fifty years.