Colin Crosby Heritage Tours

St. Martin`s-on-the-Hill (Scarborough)

St. Martin`s-on-the-Hill is a Victorian church in the seaside town of Scarborough in Yorkshire.

It is widely regarded as the pre-eminent Pre-Raphaelite Church.

St. Martin`s was financed by Miss Mary Craven at a cost of 10,000 and designed by G. F. Bodley. It was consecrated in 1863.

Among the artists who designed stained glass windows in the church are Edward Burne-Jones, Ford Maddox Brown, William Morris and Dante Gabriel Rossetti.

Bookmark this page

Bookmark this page with del.icio.us

What is del.icio.us?

Places in Scarborough...

Locales