Wesley`s Chapel (London)
Wesley`s Chapel is an important Methodist church in the Finsbury area of London.
It is situated in City Road, almost opposite the famous dissenting graveyard known as Bunhill Fields, and is an essential part of John Wesleys London.
Wesley began to preach at the old Moorfields Foundry on this site after his conversion in 1738, and the Methodists took over the building the following year.
The chapel was begun in 1777 and opened in 1778, the architect being George Dance the Younger.
Beside the chapel is Wesley`s house. His tomb is in the graveyard and his statue near the main entrance.
In the crypt is a museum about the Wesleys and Methodism.