St. James s Park (London)
St. James s Park is one of the lovely Royal parks of London, and is widely held to be the most beautiful.
It began in 1532 when Henry VIII drained a marsh to create parkland between St. James s Palace and Whitehall Palace, complete with ornamental deer.
Charles II opened it to the public and made it more formal, and in 1828 John Nash created the park that we know today.
From the bridge over the lake, there are outstanding views, in one direction to Whitehall and in the other to Buckingham Palace.
The Green Park is situated on the other side of The Mall.