St. Barnabas (London)
St. Barnabas is a Georgian town house in London.
It is situated in Greek Street in Soho.
The House of St. Barnabas was built in 1746 on the corner of Greek Street and Soho Square, and was sold to Richard Beckford, who was the brother of the then Lord Mayor.
It became a charitable home for distressed ladies in 1861, and it was to this house that Gladstone brought vagrant prostitutes, with a view to "saving" them..
There is a small chapel for the residents behind the house.