Colin Crosby Heritage Tours

Kenwood House (Hampstead)

Kenwood House is an attractive and historic house in Hampstead.

It is situated in Hampstead Lane.

Kenwood was owned by various Scottish noblemen, and was acquired by the Earl of Mansfield (the Lord Chief Justice) in 1754. Ten years later the house was remodelled by Robert Adam, who added a portico and a library.

Lord Iveagh, the Guinness magnate, bought the house in 1925 and left it to the nation in 1927, along with his superb art collection.

Paintings in the house include works by Hals, Rembrandt, Reynolds, van Dyck and Vermeer.

Kenwood House is now in the care of English Heritage.

Bookmark this page

Bookmark this page with

What is

Places in Hampstead...