Royal Pavilion (Brighton)
The Royal Pavilion is a famous and extraordinary building at Brighton.
Originally a small farmhouse in The Steine, it was rented by the Prince Regent (later to be George IV) on his first visit to Brighton.
In 1785 he gathered a court of society friends around him, and commissioned Henry Holland to convert the farmhouse into a classical villa.
From 1802, the Prince`s favourite architect John Nash transformed this into an Oriental style palace, with domes, minarets and cupolas galore.