Until the 19th century it was a hamlet named Waite Lane End. It took its present name from a public house named the Heroes of Waterloo.
St. George`s Church repaced an earlier one built in 1836.
The Queen`s Inclosure is a remnant of the once extensive Forest of Bere.
Blue Badge Guide Colin Crosby is available to lead Guided Walks around Waterlooville for groups.