All Saints Church has work dating back to the 12th century, and a 15th century weatherboarded belfry.
There are two handsome Georgian houses, Sutton Hall and New Hall.
The Knights Templar had a farm at Sutton, remembered at Temple Lane, and there was a prehistoric site at Fossetts Farm.
The Sutton parish includes the even smaller settlement of Shopland, whose own Norman church of St. Mary was pulled down in 1958. The splendidly pargeted Beauchamps bears the date 1688, and still stands.
Blue Badge Guide Colin Crosby is available to lead Guided Walks around Sutton for groups.