Holy Trinity Church dates from the Norman period, but in 1906 a new church was built, reducing the original to an aisle.
Southchurch Hall is a moated 14th century house which is now used as a Public Library. It stands in its own pretty gardens which are open to the public.
Southchurch Park is close to the seafront, and is where until a few years ago Essex played county cricket.
Blue Badge Guide Colin Crosby is available to lead Guided Walks around Southchurch for groups.