Pitlochry is a popular tourist resort in the Highlands of Scotland, on the River Tummel and 11 miles from Dunkeld.
It is situated among mountain scenery at the very geographical heart of Scotland.
The town developed as a tourist centre after the visit of Queen Victoria in 1844.
There is a famous hydro-electric dam, incorporating a fish ladder to ease the passage of the salmon up river.
The Pitlochry Festival Theatre was founded in 1951 and moved into its present home beside the river, opened by Prince Charles in 1981.