St. Wendreda`s Church is at Town End, a mile from the present town centre. It dates from the 15th century and has a spectacular double hammerbeam roof, with many flying angels.
The town spread towards the river to take advantage of commercial possibilities.
The Market Place is dominated by the Town Hall, built in 1900.
The ornate Coronation Fountain stands in Broad Street.
March was formerly an important railway town, the hub of rail services around the Fens.
There is an interesting town museum.
Blue Badge Guide Colin Crosby is available to lead Guided Walks around March for groups.