It is the only East coast resort to face West, resulting in spectacular sunsets across The Wash.
Hunstanton is famous for its striped cliffs, formed by strata of different coloured rocks. The cliffs rise to 60 feet.
The town was created in the 19th century by a local landowner, who saw the commercial potential of the site.
On top of the cliffs is a ruined chapel dedicated to St. Edmund, the martyred King of East Anglia, whose final resting place was Bury St. Edmunds. He is believed to have arrived in England on this site in 850.
The original village, now known as Old Hunstanton, is a mile away. St. Mary's Church has a Norman font and a 16th century screen.
Hunstanton suffered greatly in the North Sea floods of 1953. 32 local people died.