It stands, with its neighbour Hemingford Abbots, beside the River Great Ouse.
St. James's Church, by the river bank, dates back partly to the 12th century, and has a 13th century chancel. The tower has a truncated spire, the rest of which was destroyed by a hurricane in 1741.
Hemingford Grey House was built in 1697 of red brick.
The Manor House dates back to the 12th century, with Norman stone walls, windows and chimney piece. It is the oldest continuously occupied house in England.
This house was the home of the author Lucy Boston, who set her Green Knowe children's stories here.