The Village Green retains its market cross and stocks.
St. Oswald`s Church, partly Norman, is where Patrick and Maria Bronte were married in 1812. Their three daughters were the celebrated literary Bronte sisters. There is an Anglo Saxon cross in the churchyard.
Harry Ramsden`s is the most famous fish and chip restaurant in the world. The original shack opened by Harry Ramsden in 1928 and bought for £150 is preserved behind the building.
The grandfather of the American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow emigrated from Guiseley.