Gilmorton is an attractive village in Leicestershire.
St. Mary`s Church dates from the early 14th century. The unbuttressed West tower is Perpendicular, while the recessed spire was rebuilt in 1909 by C. A. Bassett-Smith. There was a general rebuilding by William Smith in 1860 - 61.
In a field beside the church is the dry moated motte of a motte and bailey castle.
Around the village are houses of various types and dates, including mud walled cottages.