There is a fine old bridge over the River Ure.
In the Market Place is a 250 foot well, with a modern canopy.
The pro-Catholic Rising of the Northern Earls in 1569 came to an end at Tancred`s manor house, which later became the Crown Inn.
The mysterious Devil`s Arrows, on the edge of the town, are three gritstone menhirs in a line. The tallest is 30 feet high. They were erected about 2000 BC.